It has been a long while since I last had a craft session with my kids.
I saw an easy paper plate art fish aquarium from Pinterest and thought I could make something similar with whatever materials I had at home. Hence, we did it one Saturday afternoon when the hubby was not around and the baby was sleeping. Perfect bonding time 🙂
You need these materials as basics and the rest are up to your imagination:
2 paper plates of the same size
Cellophane paper (transparent for a clearer view or coloured ones for a different effect)
Decoration materials like pompom, pipe cleaners, stickers, cotton wool, glitters, googley eyes, etc
Here are the steps:
1) Poke a hole in the middle of one of the paper plates and cut along the centre base circumference and discard. You will get your circle frame.
2) Paint the circle frame in the colour of your theme. For example, an aquarium will have a blue theme, a garden will have a green or cheerful theme.
3) Paint the 2nd paper plate which is the base paper plate.
4) Once the paint is dry, decorate the base paper plate with decorative materials according to your theme.
5) Glue and Stick the cellophane paper onto the backside circumference of the circle frame.
6) Glue and Stick the circle frame onto the base paper plate.
7) If you want to hang your masterpiece, puncture a hole at the top and string a ribbon into it.
Simple isn’t it?
As my Little YT is so young, I made an Elmo paper plate art for him and he woke up to a pleasant surprise! He loves it totally 🙂
Now you can get your kids to think of any theme they like and start to make a beautiful paper plate art 🙂
What other simple art ideas do you have with paper plates? Feel free to share with me in the comments!